PDP governor, others storm Ebonyi, celebrate Umahi at 58


Abia State Governor and a strong pillar of PDP in the South East geopolitical region, Chief Okezie Ikpeazu on Saturday stormed Ebonyi State to celebrate with Governor David Nweze Umahi at his 58th birthday anniversary.
Ikpeazu who spoke during Governor Umahi's birthday party at the State Christian Ecumenical Centre Abakaliki, thanked God for sustaining his life.

He described Chief Umahi as his friend and brother whom God has been using to transform Ebonyi State.

The Abia State Governor commended Umahi's leadership style especially the services rendered as the Chairman of the Southeast Governors' Forum.

He wished Governor Umahi a very happy birthday and prayed God to grant him many more years of service to the people of Ebonyi State and Nigeria at large.

NATIONAL PANEL reports that Governor Umahi during the occasion expressed joy, though declosed not supporting the event.
He appreciated the planners of the event, commending the contributions of his family, all arms of the state government and those who honoured the event especially the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo - Chief George Obiozor, the Abia State Governor - Chief Okozie Ikpeazu whom he described as his 'twin brother,' other esteemed personalities from the state and beyond.

He urged Igbo people to retrace their cultural values of hardworking, honesty, creativity and commercial activities.

The Ebonyi State Governor equally advised politicians especially those occupying elective positions to shun politics with bitterness and discrimination based on party affiliations.

"I love Igbo people, I love Nigeria so much but Igbo man must change his method of doing things. We've been known culturally as hardworking and honest people. We have to go back to those cultural values, that we are known for. 

"We are into commerce. We are into creativity of activities. We are into making water in a desert, all these things because of the wisdom God has given us. It is because of our culture of hard-working.

"We need to go back loving ourselves, when I see any little contest at Abuja we go around, putting down our money for nothing. I feel so bad a number of petitions we write against ourselves. I feel so bad the way we put down ourselves, Ikpeazu is of PDP, he is here, who is more PDP than Ikpeazu in Southeast but he came. Party is just a vehicle to get where you are going and if you continue with a party when you have reached where you are going, then you are deceiving the people. 

"I have maintained that if we leaders dedicate 80 per cent of the resources that is coming to us, I don't want to talk about the other 20 per cent, the breath of God can come upon that 20 per cent," Umahi advised.

 He therefore, called for a collaborative effort to move the nation forward, stressing that Mr President cannot do everything and as well the Governors in their respective states.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post